- Why should I advertise with HOPS?
Apart from all profits going to the National Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs, we have a social media reach of over 27,000 and 100's of visits to our website every day.
- How much does it cost to advertise?
If you advertise just on line, it's just £98+VAT. If you use our recruitment services, this costs £499+VAT. Payable in two halves, one payment on instruction and a final payment after 28 days.
- What happens once I post my vacancy on line?
The post will be checked over by a member of our team and then sent live the next working day.
- Will applicants know my farm address?
No. All of your data is confidential, only your area/county will be advertised.
- Does HOPS get involed with HMRC & NI?
No - This is the responsibility of the employer. Employers must make sure staff are entitled to work in the UK.
- Should Employers check references.
Every time! Nobody should be employed without getting references.
- Do I need to provide accommodation?
No, but bear in mind that it will improve the chances of finding the right person if you do, particularly for harvest staff.
- Do you have any tips about writing my job advertisment?
Yes, you need to sell your job! Make sure you highlight all the positives, i.e. new equipment, good accommodation etc.
- What should I pay employees?
You must pay the legal minimum wage, however offering good pay and conditions will attract better calibre applicants.